Happy FULL TERM to our baby girl! We are officially in the, “Okay, you can come any time now!” stage. We both think we jinxed her early arrival by speculating about it so much- we are now fully expecting her to show up AFTER her due date (and probably close to my own birthday!).
^^^I wrote that yesterday, before my appointment. At the doctors today (Tuesday), he said that I am 1cm dilated and Emily’s head is very low. The effacement (how low her head is in my cervix) is the MOST important, as that shows that labor is imminent. Dilation can go from 0-10 overnight…. there is a high high chance we could be welcoming a baby this week!
- HOW FAR ALONG? 38 weeks and 4 days!
- DUE DATE? September 19th, but the doctor said to get ready…
- SIZE?: About 7lbs, possibly a few ounces over.
- WEIGHT GAIN? I gained back my weight from last week +one. I weighed in at 165 this week! My uterus, baby, placenta, and fluid take up 90% of that weight.
- NAME? Emily Ruth Whiteley ❤
- HOW AM I FEELING?: Energized! From last week to this week I have felt a POWER SURGE of energy. On Sunday, we deep cleaned the entire house (something we haven’t done in literal months). It was so nice to get the house all ready for Emily’s arrival! Today, I hit a wall of exhaustion. I think she’s finally getting ready to pop!
- CRAVINGS?: Poptarts… which I forgot to pick up from the grocery store today.
- AVERSIONS?: None!
- PHYSICAL CHANGES?: More red stretch marks on my belly and sides. I didn’t start getting them on my belly until her big weight gain and until she turned upside-down, but they are certainly there now!
- BABY MOVEMENT?: I seriously thought she would have stopped by now, but nooooo. Saturday and Sunday she was moving like she was 30 weeks and not about to come out.
- BELLY BUTTON?: Flat flat flat.
- MOST EXCITED ABOUT?: Getting this baby out of me!
- LEAST EXCITED ABOUT?: Getting this baby out of me.
- PRENATAL VITAMINS?: I am taking One A Day Women’s Prenatal Advanced Multivitamin with Brain Support. They’re great! There is a separate vitamin for Folic Acid, an important Vitamin B that promotes cell development and growth. You can find these on Amazon here!
- SKINCARE?: I have naturally veryyyy oily skin. For the first 6 months of pregnancy, my skin cleared up of any oils and acne. It was amazing! Once I hit the third trimester, my skin decided to revolt. My pores became clogged again, my skin was slick, and I didn’t know how to combat it. My sister turned me onto these products:
- Youth to the People Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser. This cleanser from Sephora is a GAME CHANGER! 1. It smells heavenly. 2. The formula of the cleanser makes my skin soft and leaves off the oils for hours. My skin already feels cleaner after using it for only a few weeks. I use it in the morning and pair it with…
- CeraVé Daily Moisturizing Lotion. This moisturizer brings back color and life into my skin. It’s not heavy and absorbs right into your pores for a healthy glow.
- At night, I use CeraVé Hydrating Facial Cleanser. This cleanser helps get all of the first and grime from throughout the day off of my face. It’s the perfect cleanser for the evening as it assists in taking off makeup, AND it’s fragrance free!
1.5 weeks out from her due date… any guesses on when she will show up???