It’s crazy to think that we found out we were pregnant at only 4 weeks along. That doesn’t happen to most women. If you’re trying to get pregnant, you are hyper aware of your symptoms and of course are looking for anything out of place, but if you aren’t planning on getting pregnant, you may not find out until you are 6 weeks pregnant, or you may not find out until you are 3 months pregnant!
I am grateful to have found out so early so that we can enjoy every step of the pregnancy.
We are only 3 weeks away from the second trimester! There’s a lot to happen in the next few weeks.
I have bloodwork next week for a prenatal screening. This tests for chromosomal deficiencies like Down syndrome. We also have an ultrasound next week to measure the fluid behind the baby’s spine, check the amniotic fluid, and measure the bridge of the nose. These again are all signs of genetic disorders that could affect the value of life for the fetus, so it’s important that these both happen between the 12th and 14th week of pregnancy.
- HOW FAR ALONG? 11 weeks 2 days
- DUE DATE? June 13th.
- SIZE? Baby 2 is the size of a large strawberry, about 1.5 inches from head to butt.
- WEIGHT GAIN? I lost a few pounds halfway through the first trimester but I have been slowly putting the weight back on. If this pregnancy is anything like my last, I should gain about 20 pounds overall.
- NAME? We are only sharing name thoughts with family at this time 🙂
- HOW AM I FEELING? Exhausted. Absolutely exhausted. My nausea has subsided but every day I feel drained around lunch time. Luckily when my MIL is here I’m able to sneak a quick 30 min nap in, and when she’s not here I’ll try to nap when Em is napping.
- CRAVINGS? The other day I ate an entire bag of cheez doodles, so…
- AVERSIONS? Meat, honestly. I just don’t want it. I’m fine with ground beef and things like that but I don’t want a full chicken breast or a steak.
- PHYSICAL CHANGES? The tiniest of bumps is appearing, and my face has thinned out much like last time.
- BABY MOVEMENT? None that we can feel! I won’t be able to feel fluttering for another 5 weeks at least.
- BELLY BUTTON? These questions are getting silly! No physical changes yet 🙂
- MOST EXCITED ABOUT? Watching Emily’s interaction with my belly as it continues to grow. I don’t believe she will understand too much what is happening, but she may understand the words “baby” and “tummy”. I will be working hard to make sure the transition from one to two is easy on Miss Emily. Also, Connor gets an AMAZING paternity leave, giving us most of the summer to enjoy our new family addition.
- LEAST EXCITED ABOUT? Nothing right now. Maybe the lack of sleep or the having to treat the new baby like a porcelain doll. But those will pass!
- PRENATAL VITAMINS? I am taking the same vitamins as last time, and have been for the past 4 months as we got ready to try again. I am taking One A Day Prenatal Advanced Multivitamin with Brain Support. It has 800 mg of Folic Acid which is a very important vitamin that promotes development and growth. I am also taking Vitamin C, a probiotic, and Vitamin D3. Having most of my pregnancy during the winter will be a little tough, especially with the lack of walking outside/sunlight I will be getting, so the D3 is a great supplement. I also don’t drink cows milk, so the extra vitamin D will help my own bones as I grow another human. I should also start taking B6 which is great for pregnancy.
- SKINCARE? I am looking for new skincare, but currently I use a Neutrogena face wash. I think I am going to go back to the Superfood Cleanser by Youth to the People.
- WORKOUT? I am trying to at least get a 20-30 min walk in every day. It’s hard working full time, and I am also so tired that just that walk exerts so much energy that I want to sleep for a year afterwards. Hopefully in a few weeks I will have enough energy to walk every day and maybe do some yoga at night or during Emily’s naps.
Thank you for following along pregnancy #2!